27 February 2021

Art Journal Page Process, Prompt List #49

 Full Video Tutorial:

Welcome!


Above is the prompt list tutorial video. The full prompt list can be found at the end of the video.
I encourage you to follow the prompts using your stash and see how the page turns out.

I have written the prompts for you to enjoy crafting without any expectations. Each of the lists that I write and follow, I have no plan in mind and I follow each step which makes crafting fun and care free. You can also use the same list multiple times and the outcome can be completely different.

Each of the prompt lists can be used for art journal pages, or if you prefer, you can create a canvas or tag with the steps. Whatever you feel like creating!

I hope you enjoy this weeks page.
If you create something that may have been inspired by the page/list, I would love to see your creation. Feel free to tag me on instagram with #SparklePrompts for any prompt list creations.


To begin this page I primed with white gesso and then added modelling paste with two different stencils, one crackle effect and one circles.
To continue the background I then used tissue paper from a dress pattern and stuck it down, making sure to rub over the texture created from the modelling paste applied previously.


I primed the page once again with clear gesso this time, and applied brown acrylic ink to the full spread.
Once dry, I used distress oxide ink in Black Soot with a blending tool just to bring out the texture from my previous stencilling.
I then used several stamps from a Docrafts stamp set called Musicality, and used Jet Black archival ink to apply them to the background.


I found a costume glove with lace pattern in my stash and cut out the flowers, I then used ink to colour them in distress ink spray with Rusty Hinge and added them to the page using mod podge.
For the focal image I cut a silhouette of a dress stand and applied washi tape to it for the pattern.


I added splashes to the layout, using white acrylic paint mixed with Rusty Hinge distress ink spray for the first colour. I then added a second set of splashes by adding Fired Brick distress ink spray to the mixture and used my fan brush to splash.


For the final step I added the title using a stamp from the stamp set used for the background stamping, and used a piece of white card to stamp onto, I then applied washi tape and used Jet Black in archival ink to stamp over the top.
I used a black sharpie to add the word Express for my title and gave the focal image an outline to finish.

Here is the full page spread, I hope you enjoyed this weeks prompt list.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to comment down below or on the comments in the YouTube video and I will get back to you.

I will see you next time, where we will turn your creative spark, into a Creative Sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Journal Page Process, Prompt List #52

 Full Video Tutorial: Welcome! Above is the prompt list tutorial video. The full prompt list can be found at the end of the video. I encoura...