05 March 2021

Art Journal Page Process, Prompt List #50

 Full Video Tutorial:

Welcome!


Above is the prompt list tutorial video. The full prompt list can be found at the end of the video.
I encourage you to follow the prompts using your stash and see how the page turns out.

I have written the prompts for you to enjoy crafting without any expectations. Each of the lists that I write and follow, I have no plan in mind and I follow each step which makes crafting fun and care free. You can also use the same list multiple times and the outcome can be completely different.

Each of the prompt lists can be used for art journal pages, or if you prefer, you can create a canvas or tag with the steps. Whatever you feel like creating!

I hope you enjoy this weeks page.
If you create something that may have been inspired by the page/list, I would love to see your creation. Feel free to tag me on instagram with #SparklePrompts for any prompt list creations.


For this weeks prompt list I decided to create on a book cover rather than inside the book to show that we can create on different surfaces as an alternative.


To begin this prompt list, I primed the book cover with white gesso and once dry I added string in an organised manner. I then used the decoupage method to add a plain coloured tissue paper, creating creases with my fingers along the way.


To add colour to the page I primed again and then added acrylic ink in sepia across the background. I chose random segments to have a second layer of the acrylic ink for some diversity.
Once dry I used gilding polish from Cosmic Shimmer in the colour Copper Shine to rub over the texture created, bringing it out.


The focal image I added was a napkin, I used the decoupage method again to add it to white card, making sure the image would be visible against the background, I then used mod podge to add it to the layout.
The flowers you can see were added from a rub on transfer from my stash, I transferred them to white tissue paper before adding them to the layout to avoid taring.


I used a sticker set I had in my stash to add words randomly across the page and to complete the layout, darkened the edges with distress ink in the colour Walnut Stain. I also used the ink to add some colour to the other images to make the piece more cohesive.


Here is the full page spread, I hope you enjoyed this weeks prompt list.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to comment down below or on the comments in the YouTube video and I will get back to you.

I will see you next time, where we will turn your creative spark, into a Creative Sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Journal Page Process, Prompt List #52

 Full Video Tutorial: Welcome! Above is the prompt list tutorial video. The full prompt list can be found at the end of the video. I encoura...